[Coral-List] Session on Coral Ecotoxicology at SETAC North America 45th Annual Meeting

Dorothy Ellen Renegar drenegar at nova.edu
Fri Apr 5 20:38:53 UTC 2024

Dear Colleagues,

We are pleased to announce that our session Advances in Ecotoxicology of Scleractinian Corals and Other Coral Reef Organisms has been accepted for the SETAC North America 45th Annual Meeting<https://www.setac.org/discover-events/global-meetings/setac-north-america-45th-annual-meeting.html> (20–24 October in Ft. Worth, Texas). The goal of this session is to bring together researchers and stakeholders who are investigating and/or interested in the exposure, fate, effects, and risk assessment of chemical contaminants in corals and other tropical marine species. The aim is to advance our knowledge on the occurrence of chemical contaminants on coral reefs, discuss impacts of current and emerging contaminants, and discuss toxicity mechanisms of action, particularly with respect to common and novel pathways. Presentations relating to the development of standard toxicity test methods for corals, including analytical verification methods for exposure are also highly encouraged.

We welcome abstract submissions from all, as we envision having a session with balanced representation of speakers bringing a variety of perspectives. Abstract submission is now open ( https://setac.confex.com/setac/sna2024/discussion/cfp.cgi ), and the deadlines are 15 May without a fee, and 22 May with a $50 charge.

Thank you in advance, and we look forward to seeing you in person in Ft. Worth.

Sincerely,

D. Abigail Renegar, Ph.D.
Research Scientist
National Coral Reef Institute @ Nova Southeastern University
Halmos College of Arts and Sciences, Dept. of Marine and Environmental Sciences
8000 North Ocean Drive, Dania, FL 33004
drenegar at nova.edu

Carys Mitchelmore, PhD
Professor and Interim Director
University of Maryland Center for Environmental Science
Chesapeake Biological Laboratory
146 Williams Street // 0038, Solomons, MD 20688
mitchelm at umces.edu

Cheryl Hankins
Research Biologist
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
Gulf Ecosystem Measurement and Modeling Division
1 Sabine Island Drive, Gulf Breeze, FL 32561
hankins.cheryl at epa.gov