[Coral-List] Friday Harbor Labs summer programs

Bernadette Holthuis fhlinvertebrates at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 20:07:17 UTC 2024

APPLY NOW for Summer term 2024 at Friday Harbor Labs!

Come spend five weeks on beautiful San Juan Island exploring the tide pools, learning in a hands-on lab environment, and "diving" into lectures about the diverse life found in our ocean. Friday Harbor Labs offers a unique classroom setting for marine science course work and allows students to learn research techniques and field skills. We host research focused courses where students can actively participate in projects to explore the subjects they are passionate about and grow as early career scientists.

We welcome students from everywhere; price of the term is the same no matter where you are coming from AND we offer scholarships!

This summer we are offering advanced courses open to undergraduate and graduate students.  Check out the University of Washington credited courses <https://fhl.uw.edu/courses/course-descriptions/> we are offering this summer.

APPLY NOW through our Summer course applications <https://fhl.uw.edu/courses/applying-for-an-fhl-course/>.

Any questions about courses, scholarships from FHL, or living on San Juan Island can be directed toward Maia Kreis at fhlstudents at uw.edu <mailto:fhlstudents at uw.edu>.

Maia

Maia Kreis (she/her/hers)