[Coral-List] MANTA 2024 Summer Coral Reef Field Studies Program

rusty.day at manta-online.org rusty.day at manta-online.org
Sun Feb 25 13:54:14 UTC 2024

Coral Listers,

We'd like to share some exciting news. Thanks to a generous donation, MANTA
has acquired a 62 foot sailing catamaran to serve as our new teaching and
research platform. The S/Y DayDream will be customized for our field studies
programs to provide our students with a unique and impactful experience this
summer, and for years to come.

If you know enthusiastic and inquisitive rising juniors, seniors, or recent
graduates who are interested in a hands-on, intensive, 15 day live-aboard
field studies course, please share this opportunity with them. We still have
a few slots open for the July 17-31 cruise in the British Virgin Islands.
This summer's course, Intro to Marine Science Diving and Coral Reefs, will
focus on reef taxonomy and diversity, scuba methods for conducting reef
surveys, and building proficiency as a scientific diver and deckhand. No
prior SCUBA experience is required. Students will receive their PADI Open
Water and Advanced SCUBA certifications during the course, and will be
trained in AGRRA reef survey methods.

The high school course is suited for rising juniors, seniors, or recent
graduates who are considering a career in marine science.

More details can be found at our website manta-online.org
<http://www.manta-online.org/> . And feel free to browse the videos and
article below for a flavor of past student experiences.

High School 2016 <https://youtu.be/lQUJhi96A7Q>

2016 <https://youtu.be/Ul6yFIw8WX0>

2011 <https://youtu.be/KGfV8YiaPUU>

CofCMagazine
<https://today.cofc.edu/2016/11/02/marine-science-british-virgin-islands/>

Prospective students should fill out the online application at High School
Application  <http://manta-online.org/high-school-application/> - Manta
Online (manta-online.org). The application deadline is March 15.

College students are welcome to send a letter of interest regarding programs
for them.

Please contact rusty.day at manta-online.org
<mailto:rusty.day at manta-online.org>  or jack.brutzer at manta-online.org
<mailto:jack.brutzer at manta-online.org>  with any questions.