[Coral-List] Old analog guy seeks help

Mike Jankulak - NOAA Affiliate mike.jankulak at noaa.gov
Wed Feb 28 15:36:14 UTC 2024

Hi Mike,

I'm guessing this is the quote you're remembering:

"I have always said (well, sometimes said) that, when societies recognize
the full impact of climate change, they will have far bigger fish to fry
than the protection of coral reefs."

https://coral.aoml.noaa.gov/pipermail/coral-list/2023-July/024612.html

How I found this: well, at this point in time all our Coral-List archives
are available online in various sublocations of <http://coral.aoml.noaa.gov>.
Note that this domain address will change when ICRS assumes management of
the list.

The Google search engine (and others) allow you to restrict search results
by domain with the "site:" keyword. So I went to www.google.com and typed
in this as my search string:

site:coral.aoml.noaa.gov mike risk fish fry climate

Oddly, this did not find your post, but it did find Austin's reply to your
post:

https://coral.aoml.noaa.gov/pipermail/coral-list/2023-July/024604.html

At the top of that message I saw that Coral-List posted this message on
July 31st, 2023, so I went to the Coral-List archives...

https://coral.aoml.noaa.gov/pipermail/coral-list/

... and from there to the July 2023 archives sorted by date...

https://coral.aoml.noaa.gov/pipermail/coral-list/2023-July/date.html

...and the post in question is there, third from the bottom.

Mike J+