[Coral-List] New paper about human overpopulation

Alina Szmant alina at cisme-instruments.com
Sat Mar 16 12:13:58 UTC 2024

https://www.frontiersin.org/journals/public-health/articles/10.3389/fpubh.2024.1339933/full

Coral reefs do not exist in a vacuum. They are just one of the many ecosystems on Earth being physically and chemically impacted by human activity. I am not trying re-initiate the 'numbers of people' vs 'levels of consumption' argument, because both are important to factoring human impact on ecosystems, including coral reefs. I just want to share a very recent review publication on the issue of overpopulation from Frontiers in Public Health, a journal not many of us regularly check, disseminated by Paul Ehrlich to his email list. Coral reefs are not mentioned in it, but the message is still relevant.

Happy Birthday Mike Risk.

Dr. Alina M. Szmant, CEO
CISME Instruments LLC
210 Braxlo Lane,
Wilmington NC 28409 USA
AAUS Scientific Diving Lifetime Achievement Awardee
cell: (910)200-3913
EMAIL: alina at cisme-instruments.com

CISME IS NOW SOLD BY QUBIT SYSTEMS; https://qubitbiology.com/cisme/

Videos:  CISME Video 5:43 min   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAYeR9qX71A&t=6s