[Coral-List] coral demise

Eugene Shinn eugeneshinn2 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 17 18:14:16 UTC 2024

Being in the process of moving from St. Petersburg to Stuart.Florida I have
had little time to closely follow the coral list. I did however, review the
Happy Birthday Mike issue and the various familiar discussions re coral
demise. It looked like more of the same. Lots of talk about effects of run-
off in the red sea which as everyone knows is surrounded by desert...no
rivers to speak of and little rain. However, there are times when the red
sea is almost obscured by dust from surrounding deserts. I wonder if it
contains anything detrimental to corals? Of course it does but no one
mentions it anymore. It is just not politically correct. With rising
climate do you suppose dust levels will increase along with temperature?
duh!  Gene