[Coral-List] Help Stop the Lyngbya Bloom

Keven Reed reedkc at comcast.net
Tue May 17 19:17:37 EDT 2005

If you can't get politicians excited about conserving anthozoans or ecological balance, perhaps you could dramatize the dermatitis/skin toxins and other health issues sometimes produced by Lyngbya cyanobacteria, and point out that any ill effects felt by people in the water with Lyngbya blooms are supposed to be reported to the government in Queensland, Australia--see http://www.whs.qld.gov.au/safetylink/health/health06.pdf
Sincerely,
Keven

Keven Reed, O.D., FAAO
Naval Branch Health Clinic