[Coral-List] request for assistance on literature non-extractive impacts on coral reef ecosystems

Dr. Stephen Jameson sjameson at coralseas.com
Wed Sep 27 07:14:10 EDT 2006

Dear Manoj,

Most of these papers can be downloaded at:

 <www.coralseas.com/press.html>

RED SEA

Jameson SC, Ammar MSA, Saadalla E, Mostafa H, Riegl B (in press) A
quantitative damage assessment of diving sites in the Egyptian Red Sea
during a period of severe anchor damage:  a baseline for restoration and
sustainable tourism management. J Sustainable Tourism

Jameson SC, Hassan AH (2003) Environmental impact assessment coral reef
monitoring and assessment guidelines for Red Sea tourism development
projects. USAID, Red Sea Sustainable Tourism Initiative, Cairo, Egypt

Jameson SC, Ammar MSA, Saadalla E, Mostafa HM, Riegl B (1999) A coral damage
index and its application to diving sites in the Egyptian Red Sea.  Coral
Reefs Special Issue on The Science of Coral Reef Management, Coral Reefs
18(4):333-339

Reeve SM, Jameson SC, Adel-Fattah RS, Riegl B, Saleh M, Moursi A, Newman AP,
Hassan R, Batt S, Kuklok D (1998)  Best practices handbook for tourism
center development along the Red Sea coast. Tourism Development Authority,
Cairo, Egypt, 107 pp

Jameson SC (1998) (contributing author) Twelve reefs at risk: Red Sea
Riviera.  In: Bryant D, Burke L, McManus J, Spalding M (principal authors)
Reefs at risk:  A map-based indicator of potential threats to the world¹s
coral reefs.  World Resources Institute, Washington DC

Jameson SC, Smith DB (1997) Coral reef management on the new Red Sea
Riviera.  Proc Coastal Zone 97 2:784-786, Boston, MA

El-Dahan R, Jameson SC,  Mostafa K, Reeve SM, Riegle B, Said R (1997)
Tourism development for Wadi Jemal and Shagraa:  Selected recommendations.
Winrock International (Arlington, VA) Environmentally Sustainable Tourism
Project report to USAID Egypt, Cairo

Abul-Azm A, Hamed SA, Jameson SC, Newman AP, Reeve SM  (1997) Nabq tourism
development plan:  Selected recommendations. Winrock International
(Arlington, VA) Environmentally Sustainable Tourism Project report to
Egyptian Tourism Development Authority and USAID Egypt, Cairo

CARIBBEAN

Jameson SC, Williams JH (2000) Montego Bay, Jamaica: A marine park under NGO
management. In: Salm RV and Clark JR (eds) Marine and coastal protected
areas: A guide for planners and managers (third edition), IUCN, Gland
Switzerland, pp 291-298

Huber RM, Jameson SC (2000) Integrated coastal zone management in the
Tropical Americas and the role of decision support models.  In: Gustavson K,
Huber RM, Ruitenbeek J (eds) Integrated coastal zone management of coral
reefs: Decision support modeling.  The World Bank, Washington, DC

Jameson SC, Williams JH (2000) Local needs for management of coral reefs in
the developing tropics: The Montego Bay Marine Park Case Study.  In:
Gustavson K, Huber RM, Ruitenbeek J (eds) Integrated coastal zone management
of coral reefs: Decisisupport modeling. The World Bank, Washington, DC

Huber RM, Jameson SC (1998) CORAL:  A least cost management decision support
model for coral reef ecosystems.  Intercoast Network (32) Fall 1998,
Narragansett, RI

Huber RM, Jameson SC (1998) Integrated coastal zone management decision
support modeling for coral reef ecosystems.  Proc Ocean Community Conference
Œ98, Baltimore, MD

GLOBAL

Jameson SC, McManus JW, Spalding MD (1995) State of the Reefs:  Regional and
Global  Perspectives.  International Coral Reef Initiative, US Dept of
State, Washington, DC, 32 pp