[Coral-List] Job Announcement- Hypoxia and Harmful Algal Bloom Program Specialist
buffonei at imsg.com
Tue Aug 7 13:33:04 EDT 2007
I.M. Systems Group, Inc. (IMSG) has a job available for a Hypoxia and
Harmful Algal Bloom Program Specialist to work at the NOAA Center for
Sponsored Coastal Ocean Research (CSCOR) in Silver Spring, Maryland.
If your are interested in applying for this postion, please send your
resume to jobs at imsg.com as indicated below in the job description.
IMSG Human Resources
I.M. Systems Group, Inc. (IMSG) www.imsg.com is looking to hire a
Hypoxia and Harmful Algal Bloom Program Specialist to provide
leadership, oversight, and vision in advancing knowledge and reporting
accomplishments from CSCOR research programs authorized by the Harmful
Algal Bloom and Hypoxia Research and Control Act (HABHRCA). The
successful candidate will be responsible for devising mechanisms to
facilitate information and technology transfer to water quality and
resource managers, and for collating and reporting project outputs and
management-based outcomes in harmful algal bloom (HAB) and hypoxia
research that are compliant with performance-related requirements
stemming from the Government Performance and Results Act.
This position will be located in the NOAA Center for Sponsored Coastal
Ocean Research (CSCOR) in the National Centers for Coastal Ocean
Science (NCCOS), National Ocean Service (NOS), in Silver Spring,
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
· Produce a strategic planning document that describes the
protocol for collating program outcomes for Office of Management and
Budget (OMB) reporting.
· Develop the management based outcome report for OMB.
· Coordinate workshops on HABs and hypoxia that might include
the following: Regional Workshop for Harmful Algal Blooms in
California Coastal Waters, developing the Implementation Plan for an
Operational Observation System to Improve Monitoring of the Gulf of
Mexico Hypoxic Zone, and regional Ecosystem Prediction Workshop to
Coordinate Hypoxia Research in the Gulf of Mexico, and Gulf of Maine
HAB Research to Operations workshop.
· Produce reports from above workshops.
· Assist with development of HAB and hypoxia reports required
· Develop web pages for HABHRCA legislation, HAB programs
(ECOHAB, MERHAB, PCM, RDDTT), and hypoxia programs (NGOMEX, CHRP)
· Produce Fact Sheets describing HABHRCA legislation, and HAB
and hypoxia programs.
· Produce newsletter articles and press releases on
HABHRCA-related activities, and HAB and hypoxia program
· Coordination and oversight of CSCOR's HAB and hypoxia program perform
ance planning, monitoring, and reporting activities.
· Contribute to short and long-term strategic planning for the HAB and
hypoxia research areas.
· Knowledge of the principles, theories, and practices of
research on HABs and hypoxia.
· Ability to develop highly technical reports of program
accomplishments and management applications.
· Knowledge of the performance and accountability related
requirements incumbent on federal agencies.
· Experience with program planning and performance evaluation.
· Ability to coordinate and lead workshops for advancing
· Experience with developing outreach and related information
on project outcomes.
· Experience with website organization and maintenance.
· Excellent writing, editing, and oral communication skills
and the ability to effectively disseminate information to scientific
and lay audiences
· Ability to interact with diverse individuals and groups,
including a wide range of stakeholders, the HAB and hypoxia research
and management communities, and Congress.
· Bachelor's Degree in marine science, biology, environmental
policy, or a related field.
· Preference will be given to candidates that have 5+ years of
experience in the areas of harmful algal blooms and/or hypoxia.
· Master's degree in a related field is desirable.
Please send your resume and three references in word format to
jobs at imsg.com with the following subject heading: NOA07027 -
Hypoxia and HAB Program Specialist.
Salary for this position is 60-70k. IMSG offers an excellent benefits
package including company paid medical/dental benefits, three weeks
vacation and tuition reimbursement.
IMSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
1. mailto:jobs at imsg.com
3. mailto:jobs at imsg.com
More information about the Coral-List