[Coral-List] Call for Abstracts-due OCT 2: Session on "Ridge-to-Reefs"

Mike Field mfield at usgs.gov
Wed Aug 15 17:22:38 EDT 2007

Colleagues,
The call for abstracts is now out for the 2008 Ocean Sciences Meeting
in Orlando:

CALL FOR ABSTRACTS:  DUE OCT 2, 2007

Ridge-To-Reef: Impacts of Watershed Change on Tropical Coastal
Ecosystems is Session 13

2008 Ocean Sciences Meeting
March 2-7, 2008
Orlando, Florida

ASLO, AGU, TOS, and ERF invite the submission of abstracts for oral
and poster presentations for the 2008 Ocean Sciences Meeting to be
held March 2-7, 2008, in Orlando, Florida.  In order to have your
abstract considered for acceptance, you must submit before the
abstract deadline of October 2, 2007. Online submission is highly
preferred at http://www.aslo.org/orlando2008 and no Call for Papers
will be printed.  A PDF version is available on the conference
website.  Contact the ASLO Business Office at business at aslo.org if
you cannot access the via the web.

Jon Sharp, Chris Sherwood, and Paul Bissett
Co-organizers, 2008 Ocean Sciences Meeting Co-Chairs

At 10:01 AM -0700 7/23/07, Mike Field wrote:
>>Dear Colleagues,
>>
>>      The theme of the 2008 Ocean Science meeting in Orlando is
>>"From the Watershed to the Global Ocean" , and in keeping with that
>>theme, we have organized a session on Ridge-To-Reef: Impacts of
>>Watershed Change on Tropical Coastal Ecosystems. We are seeking
>>abstracts for the session that present new ideas and findings on
>>natural and human-induced changes in watersheds, the sources and
>>transport paths of sediment to the nearshore, and the effects of
>>changing delivery systems to coral reefs, mangroves, and other
>>habitats. Contributions that address physical processes, models,
>>and biologic impacts will be very much welcomed, either as posters
>>or talks!
>
>We recognize that this meeting precedes the important 2008 ICRS
>meeting, also in Florida, by only four months. We are especially
>encouraging Caribbean reef researchers to participate in this
>meeting as well as it will provide an expanded opportunity to fully
>explore the issues related to land-use and reef health.
>

>>Many thanks,
>>
>>Mike Field (mfield at usgs.gov),
>>Matt Larsen (mlarsen at usgs.gov)
>>Jon Stock (jstock at usgs.gov)