[Coral-List] Cause N Effect - linking students and MPAs

florence depondt fdepondt at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 15 17:29:26 EDT 2007

We are in the process of setting up a non-profit organization called Cause N
Effect that aims to link college, university and graduate students with
Marine Protected Areas around the world. The idea is to help qualified
students find the internship that they need while helping Marine Protected
Areas complete key studies. This will be a free service, with the unique
goal of helping MPAs develop a sound scientific information base.

Students interested in a specific research project will be required to fill
in a short application form. This information will be sent to the relevant
MPA, who will then decide which student is best fitted to their project
needs.

Cause N Effect will then step away and let the MPA and the student work out
the logistics of the internship. We will have no involvement with the actual
completion of the internship. We just help find the right fit between a
student and an MPA.

If you are a Marine Protected Area in need of assistance to complete one or
several scientific projects and would like help from Cause N Effect to find
students who could carry out the work, please email us at
<causeffect at hotmail.com>. Any comments and ideas are also welcome. Our
website will be up and running shortly.