[Coral-List] Job Announcement- Coral Program Specialist
buffonei at imsg.com
Tue Dec 18 16:18:17 EST 2007
I.M. Systems Group, Inc. (IMSG) has a job available for
a Coral Program Specialist to work with NOAA's Coral Reef Conservation
Program at the National Environmental Satellite Data and Information
Service (NESDIS) line office in Silver Spring, MD.
If your are interested in applying for this postion, please send your
resume to jobs at imsg.com as indicated below in the job description.
Sr. Recruitment Specialist
BuffoneI at IMSG.com
I.M. Systems Group (http://www.imsg.com/), a contractor to the
National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) in Silver
Spring, MD, seeks an individual to serve as a Coral Program Specialist
to coordinate coral reef program activities. This individual will
work with NOAA's Coral Reef Conservation Program (CRCP-
www.coralreef.noaa.gov/) in the areas of program coordination,
program development, strategic planning, partnership building, and
NOAA's Coral Reef Conservation Program supports effective management
and sound science to preserve, sustain and restore valuable coral reef
ecosystems. This position is with the program's National
Environmental Satellite Data and Information Service (NESDIS) line
office in Silver Spring, MD.
* Monthly and annual reporting on NESDIS milestones and
* NESDIS budget planning, spending, and variance reporting
* Developing CRCP Program Operating Plan (POP) initiatives
* Briefing materials for the NESDIS Senior Council Member and CRCP
Senior Council, including project updates, budget updates, and
* Producing outreach products
* Master's degree (strongly preferred) or Bachelor's degree in a
relevant discipline such as marine science, biology, marine
policy, environmental management, or policy.
* Strong verbal and writing skills.
* Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
* Self-motivated energetic strategic thinker.
* Ability to work well individually and cooperatively with a range
* Ability to work on several projects simultaneously and to shift
priorities as needed.
* Willingness to learn new skills.
* Technical proficiency with Microsoft Office programs.
* Two -three years of program or project planning preferred.
* Familiarity with coral reef conservation and management issues.
Qualified candidates may apply by e-mailing a cover letter, resume,
and 3 references (MS Word format strongly preferred) to the following
email: jobs at imsg.com with the subject heading: NOA07041-NESDIS
Coral Program Specialist.
The vacancy announcement is open until filled. The salary for this
position is commensurate with experience. IMSG is an Equal
1. mailto:jobs at imsg.com
5. mailto:jobs at imsg.com
More information about the Coral-List