[Coral-List] New PhD Fellowships in Oceans and Human Health at UGA

Erin Lipp elipp at uga.edu
Wed Dec 19 12:07:03 EST 2007

The University of Georgia is proud to host one of 4 NOAA graduate training
consortia in Oceans and Human Health. Our training program, Georgia Oceans
and Health Initiative (GOHI), is a collaboration between UGA's College of
Public Health, Interdisciplinary Program in Toxicology, Dept. of Marine
Science and the Skidaway Institute of Oceanography with a broad goal to
offer novel cross-disciplinary research and curriculum in this emerging
field. Research will be targeted in three core areas: microbial ecology and
human pathogens, aquatic toxicology and climate change.

We will be offering three year assistantships with tuition waiver, research
and travel support to doctoral students entering in Fall 2008. We expect
that these will be very competitive as there are a limited number available.
Students can matriculate through a variety of participating departments on
campus but should indicate their interest in "GOHI" on their statements of
interest.

Please see our web site (in progress) at
http://www.publichealth.uga.edu/ehs/academics/GOHI.html

I am happy to answer any questions or you can refer to the full contact list
on the web site.

Best,

Erin Lipp

--