[Coral-List] acropora alternative opinion

Michael Risk riskmj at univmail.cis.mcmaster.ca
Tue Oct 9 20:50:28 EDT 2007

Hello John, James.

What you state is demonstrably so. The real problem is that we are
preaching to the choir, while the twin businesses of resume-padding and
government blindness continue.

At this point, I cannot resist quoting from Paradise Lost (Risk, 1999),
which by now is almost a decade old. Prediction #3:

"(3) Reefs as some of us knew them will have vanished
from much of the inhabited coastlines of the globe by the end
of the next decade."

Although we still have 3 years to go, if Florida has gone from >60% to
4%, and the rest of the Caribbean has followed suit-I rest my case.

What earthly good could a Coral Reef Conference possibly be?

Mike