[Coral-List] Seasonal Bleaching Outlook now available on Google Earth

Mark.Eakin at noaa.gov Mark.Eakin at noaa.gov
Sun Aug 24 13:50:17 EDT 2008

Just a quick update to let you all know that our new seasonal bleaching outlook is now available as part of our Google Earth package.

Our Google Earth offerings include our SST, SST anomaly, Coral Bleaching HotSpots, Degree Heating Weeks, Experimental Doldrums, and Experimental Seasonal Bleaching Outlook maps.  These are joined by placemarks to access data from all of our operational and experimental virtual stations as well.

We will be introducing animations to our products, including the seasonal bleaching forecast system, in the near future.

For more on the seasonal outlooks, see:
http://coralreefwatch.noaa.gov/satellite/bleachingoutlook/index.html

For more on accessing our products using Google Earth, see:
http://coralreefwatch.noaa.gov/satellite/ge/index.html

Cheers,
Mark

C. Mark Eakin, Ph.D.
Coordinator, NOAA Coral Reef Watch
Center for Satellite Applications and Research
Satellite Oceanography & Climate Division
e-mail: mark.eakin at noaa.gov
url: coralreefwatch.noaa.gov

E/RA31, SSMC1, Room 5308
1335 East West Hwy
Silver Spring, MD 20910-3226
301-713-2857 x109                   Fax: 301-713-3136