[Coral-List] D.antillarum grey literature

Rogers, Alice a.rogers07 at imperial.ac.uk
Thu May 28 05:08:25 EDT 2009

Dear coral list,

Maybe some of you will rememeber me, I contacted the list some months back concerning fish population data in the Caribbean.
I'm a student from Imperial College London working towards my PhD studying the recovery dynamics of Diadema antillarum across the Caribbean. I'm currently carrying out a meta-analysis to assess the environmental factors that affect recovery rates at different locations. My dataset is fairly healthy, covering most countries in the region with information from many sources including AGGRA, Caricomp, Reefcheck and the published literature. However, I'm sure there must be large amounts of D. antillarum data out there that remains unpublished and un-used. It would be really great to make use of any such data and I'm really looking to the coral-list for knowledge of any datasets for any locations in the Caribbean be it through routine surveys or student projects etc... In particular I'm short on data from the intial years following the mass mortality event. As I'm sure many of you will appreciate, much of this data will be recordings of no urchins and as such may not be very interesting to work with but to me, on the scale of the analsyes I'm carryiong out, this absence data is invaluable.

Pleas get in contact if you feel yoyu might have any data that might be of use, or if you know of grey literature that I may have missed in my searches. I think that the more data we can put into this analysis the more useful it will be and I really look forward to sharing my findings with the list.

Many thanks for your time

Alice

Alice Rogers

PhD student