[Coral-List] Heads-Up on Coral-List Shutdown

Gerald Henriksen ghenriks at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 12:27:31 EDT 2011

On Wed, 6 Apr 2011 19:59:49 +0000, you wrote:

>IS THAT TRUE? Can't believe it , how come that could happen, if they are looking for a budget cut I'm sure there plenty of unnecessary things that can be reduced or minimized or even canceled in order to save some extra money rather than negatively influencing coral reefs conservation efforts.

It is not a budget cut.

If the US government does not come up with a budget by a deadline
(currently Friday?) then everything non-essential shuts down until a
new budget is passed.

This means this list will temporarily be down as the people running it
will not be working until the new budget.

Once a new budget gets passed the list would return.