[Coral-List] Responding to Coral Bleaching

johnny langenheim johnnylangenheim at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 14:00:42 EDT 2015

Hi Austin and all coral listers,

As some of you may know, I write a Coral Triangle themed blog for The
Guardian. I approached listers a couple of weeks back re an article on
Indonesia's coral planting activities for a piece I'm preparing.

I would like to run a story about the current coral bleaching connected to
the ongoing El Nino episode, in relation to the Coral Triangle and wonder
if any of you would be available for a chat via Skype tomorrow?

I understand that it will be some time before there is full clarity about
extent of coral bleaching, but I'd like to get a sense of how it might
impact reefs within the bioregion and what action if any can be taken to
mitigate its effects.

I'm currently in London and will be online all day tomorrow.

Many thanks!

Johnny

Johnny Langenheim
+44(0)7427 312 760  (UK)