[Coral-List] technical note from the mods

Mike Jankulak mike.jankulak at noaa.gov
Tue Jul 31 09:51:43 EDT 2018

fyi,

Changes are coming to the underlying hardware and software of
Coral-List, on a timescale that is still not certain but will hopefully
be concluded over the next few weeks. Some minor testing will begin
later today.

My expectation is that most (if not all) of these changes will be
entirely transparent to the C-L community. Email headers may change in
subtle ways. The subscription/archives web site will become more
responsive and reliable. People who use email filters to automatically
sort their C-L messages might need to make some adjustments. I will know
more about these second-order effects as testing proceeds and I'll do my
best to give ample warning of any possible impacts on the list.

That said, this is a test, and that means unexpected things may occur.
If you notice anything strange related to Coral-List over the next few
weeks, even if you're not sure if it has anything to do with the testing
I'm talking about, I encourage you to bring it to our attention. You are
welcome to contact me directory or, as always, reach out to all C-L
moderators at once using this address:

coral-list-owner at coral.aoml.noaa.gov

Thanks for your patience, and for your continued participation in the
Coral-List community.

Mike J+, coral-list mod team