[Coral-List] 1-Year FT Laboratory Research Tech Position Available
lisa.rodrigues at villanova.edu
Thu Jun 13 17:46:52 UTC 2019
Dr. Lisa Rodrigues is seeking to hire a laboratory assistant as part of a grant-funded research project. We are assessing trophic pathways involved in coral reproduction after bleaching stress. The ideal candidate will be responsible for (1) processing experimental samples for isotopic and lipid analyses; (2) preparing for outreach activities with local high schools; and (3) assisting graduate and undergraduate students with their lab work. The candidate will be responsible for daily maintenance and upkeep associated with a research laboratory space and for following University health and safety protocols. This position will also require occasional and extended work hours to meet some research and outreach objectives.
* Laboratory skills and knowledge of lab safety protocols
* BA or BS in Environmental Science, Biology, Biochemistry, Earth Sciences, Oceanography or related discipline
* Prior experience with laboratory analyses related to coral physiology and/or isotope biogeochemistry are highly desirable
* Experience with training and assisting graduate and undergraduate students with laboratory analyses
* Experience with science outreach activities to middle and/or high school students
* A team player, able to work with other researchers and students in a collaborative environment
* A valid driver's license is required and the ability to pass the University's van certification
This is a full-time 1-year position that is available immediately and based at Villanova University, located in a suburb outside of Philadelphia, PA. Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and names and contact information for at least two references through the following website: https://jobs.villanova.edu/postings/16556 or search for position number 20192087S at https://jobs.villanova.edu/. Please do not submit application materials by email. Review of applications will begin on July 12, 2019.
Lisa J Rodrigues
Geography & the Environment
800 Lancaster Avenue
Villanova, PA 19085
Mendel Hall G67H
lisa.rodrigues at villanova.edu<mailto:lisa.rodrigues at villanova.edu>
More information about the Coral-List