[Coral-List] Octopus punches fishes

Steve Mussman sealab at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 23 12:16:33 UTC 2020

Enjoyed the videos. Simply put, octopuses are fascinating. After many varied interactions with cephalopods I’ve long deferred from considering them as a food source. I try to politely express this preference whenever the subject arises, whether it be with friends, sushi chefs or scientists. I realize that octopus aquaculture makes good sense to some, but it’s still disquieting to me. And sorry, but suggesting that we treat octopuses as we do vertebrates is not particularly reassuring.

Regards,

Steve Mussman