[Coral-List] Reference to address necessary measures to minimize environmental impact of a desalination plant

Ivan Steward ivansteward at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 23:28:41 UTC 2020

To add to what Dennis has mentioned, with regard to ensuring that effluent
is ideally discharged below the thermocline - is the need to (ideally)
assess the likelihood of any regional upwelling that may push cooler waters
(and consequently the effluent) back toward the surface layer. So, at least
a cursory understanding of the relevant oceanographic context is probably
advisable.

I have a fair degree of experience working on projects involving deep sea
tailings placement (which involves siting pipelines at ~200m depths), and
assessing the ecological effects thereof.

If I can assist further please feel free to get in touch.

Regards,
Ivan

On Sat, 12 Sep 2020, 06:00 Dennis Hubbard via Coral-List, <