[Coral-List] Need to implement Clean Water Act

Sarah Frias-Torres sfrias_torres at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 21 18:57:10 UTC 2021

Two developing stories in Florida:

1) Wastewater released from the former Piney Point fertilizer plant. The scale of potential environmental disaster still unknown https://www.heraldtribune.com/story/news/environment/2021/04/19/sensitive-habitat-under-pressure-piney-point-wastewater-tampa-bay-manatee-sarasota/7250692002/

2) Algal bloom killing fish at Port Charlotte Beach Park https://nbc-2.com/news/environment/2021/04/19/algal-bloom-killing-fish-at-port-charlotte-beach-park/

When are we going to fully implement the Clean Water Act?
Every time I ask this question to people working in federal and state agencies, they say it's the role of another agency. So the hot "potato" keeps passing around, and I don't see tangible solutions being implemented.

Any suggestions?

Sarah Frias-Torres, Ph.D.
Twitter: @GrouperDoc
Science Blog: https://grouperluna.com/