[Coral-List] Parachute Science and how we work/engage

Contessa Ricci contessaricci at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 10:20:36 UTC 2021

Hello Martina,

That is awesome to hear! There is a lot of conversation focused on what we
as researchers can do but I worry that this does not hold funding agencies
accountable for their role in creating/perpetuating the practice of
parachute science. All levels need to be thoroughly and thoughtfully
considered.

Thank you for enlightening me! I hope other agencies enact similar
frameworks and actual enforcement of commitments to ethical research. I
love hearing examples of when things work.

Cheers!
Contessa