[Coral-List] NOAA Coral Reef Conservation Program International Team Lead Position announcement
Jennifer Koss - NOAA Federal
jennifer.koss at noaa.gov
Tue Oct 5 09:55:26 UTC 2021
*This is a Direct Hire Public Notice. Please read this Public Notice in its
entirety prior to submitting your application for consideration.*
This position is located in the National Oceanic and Atmospheric
Administration (NOAA), National Ocean Service (NOS), Office for Coastal
Management (OCM) with one vacancy in Silver Spring, MD.
The DHA announcement for 1 Natural Resource Specialist, ZP-0401-4 position
has been posted. The announcement will be open for *7 days*; it is set to
close on 10/11/21.
Job Announcement # (*DHA): *NOS-OCM-2021-0013
As a Natural Resource Specialist, you will perform the following duties:
- As the international lead for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric
Administration’s (NOAA) Coral Reef Conservation Program (CRCP), develop and
oversee the implementation of international programs in the Pacific (e.g.,
Micronesia, the Coral Triangle and Samoan Archipelago) and Caribbean (e.g.,
Meso-American reef and wider Caribbean) on behalf of the CRCP -- a NOAA
Matrix Program, housed within the National Ocean Service Office for Coastal
- Serve as NOAA’s Point of Contact for NOAA's Participating Agency
Participation Agreement (PAPA) with the United States Agency for
International Development (USAID) Regional Development Mission Asia
(USAID-RDMA) and USAID Caribbean.
- Serve as the NOAA Co-Chair of the US Coral Reef Task Force Steering
Committee and support the NOAA Co-Chair of the full U.S. Coral Reef Task
- Support NOAA Coral Reef Conservation Program Leadership and represent
NOAA Coral Reef Conservation Program in major international coral reef
conservation and climate meetings and lead associated sessions and
- Create strategy for effective domestic and international partnership
engagement with the coral reef community for the conservation of coral reef
Occasional travel - Up to 20% of domestic and foreign travel may be
required for this position.
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National to apply.
- Required to pass a background investigation and fingerprint check.
- Must be suitable for Federal employment.
- Must be registered for Selective Service, if applicable (www.sss.gov)
- Qualifications requirements must be met by closing date of
*"We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it
is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came."*
*~ John F. Kennedy*
*Jennifer L. Koss*
*Director, NOAA Coral Reef Conservation Program*
*NOS/OCM/Corals - 10410*
*1305 East-West Highway*
*Silver Spring, MD 20910*
More information about the Coral-List