[Coral-List] Mineral Accretion Technology

Sarah Frias-Torres sfrias_torres at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 14 17:48:39 UTC 2021

Annie,
you want to talk to Dr. Tom Goreau, who is in Coral-List
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_J._Goreau

Also, read these two books:

Innovative Methods of Marine Ecosystem Restoration
Edited By Thomas J. Goreau, Robert Kent Trench (2013)

..."The book provides experimental proof that mild electrical stimulation results in increased settlement, increased growth, and reduced mortality for a wide variety of marine organisms, including corals, oysters, sponges, sea-grasses, and salt-marsh grasses."
https://www.routledge.com/Innovative-Methods-of-Marine-Ecosystem-Restoration/Goreau-Trench/p/book/9781466557734

And, for a comprehensive understanding of coral reef restoration science and techniques available today

Active Coral Restoration: Techniques for a Changing Planet
Edited by David E. Vaughan (2021)

..."a timely, comprehensive volume that provides a foundational understanding of the current and emerging practices and technologies used for active coral reef restoration projects around the world"
https://www.jrosspub.com/science/active-coral-restoration.html

Hope this helps

Sarah Frias-Torres, Ph.D.
Twitter: @GrouperDoc