[Coral-List] Follow up: Research survey for the coral reef conservation community

Orion McCarthy orionsmcc at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 20:23:54 UTC 2022

Dear colleagues,

Thank you to those of you who participated in Scripps' survey about
Structure from Motion (sent via coral-list in early March). We've had good
participation from many of you on coral-list, but we are still trying to
reach more coral reef managers and conservation practitioners (i.e., anyone
who would describe their work with corals as more "conservation" than
"science"). If you fit in this category and have not yet taken the survey,
please consider doing so (see description below). Or if you'd be willing to
forward the link on to colleagues who fit this description, that would also
be appreciated

Many thanks,
Orion

Attention members of the coral reef conservation community: researchers
from the Scripps Institution of Oceanography want to hear from you! Scripps
is conducting a survey to gauge the familiarity of coral conservation
practitioners with an emerging technology called Structure from Motion.
Whether you use this technology in your current work or have never heard of
it before, Scripps scientists want your feedback about how this technology
could be used to study/conserve coral reefs and potential barriers to its
adoption. The survey takes approximately 10 minutes to complete, and can be
accessed at https://ucsd.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_38aqTTg6H3m1xEG