[Coral-List] human population reaches 8 billion about now, when will it peak?

Douglas Fenner douglasfennertassi at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 03:58:54 UTC 2022

I just noticed that the "Nature Briefing" newsletter that I subscribe to
(it is free) which has a daily email that has a few short popular articles
on science, and which linked to the page I posted, had a little info that
wasn't in what I posted the link to.

That additional info:

   - Most of the projected increase in the global population between 2022
   and 2050 is expected to occur in just eight countries: the Democratic
   Republic of the Congo, Egypt, Ethiopia, India, Nigeria, Pakistan, the
   Philippines and Tanzania.
   - India is projected to surpass China as the world’s most populous
   country in 2023.

I thought that might be interesting additional info.
Cheers, Doug