[Coral-List] Faculty Job Marine Biology at NSU Florida

Joana Figueiredo jfigueiredo at nova.edu
Mon Oct 3 17:17:28 UTC 2022

The Department of Marine and Environmental Sciences (https://hcas.nova.edu/departments/marine-biology-environmental-sciences/index.html) at Nova Southeastern University's Halmos College of Arts and Sciences seeks two new faculty members at the Assistant Professor level (12 month salary). We are looking for researcher-lecturers with postdoctoral experience, strong publication records, and external funding histories. Our department's core programs include coral reef ecosystems, fish and fisheries, and deep-sea ecosystems. We are looking to strengthen these programs with candidates who have research experience in quantitative ecology, fisheries modeling, socio-ecological systems, and/or coral microbiology, and encourage all exceptional marine scientists to apply. Candidates will be required to contribute to undergraduate and graduate education and course development in marine science, incorporating contemporary research into their curricula. The successful candidates' effort will be split among teaching, mentoring, research, and university service. The selected candidates are expected to teach within the first year.  Nova Southeastern University (NSU) is a private, not-for-profit university in Fort Lauderdale, Florida with over 20,000 students of whom over 5,000 are undergraduates. Members of the NSU community have a shared vision, summarized here: https://www.nova.edu/about/mission.html. NSU is a non-tenure institution. Faculty receive continuing contracts (renewed annually for the first 5 years, and every 5 years thereafter, pending good performance). The positions will be based at the Oceanographic Campus in Dania Beach, FL: https://www.nova.edu/ghoc/map-directions.html.

Candidates should submit a cover letter, CV, research statement, teaching statement, and list of 3 references. Apply for positions 993402 or 998753 at: https://nsucareers.nova.edu/en-us/job/502656/faculty-rank-tbd-marine-biology-993402 or https://nsucareers.nova.edu/en-us/job/502657/faculty-rank-tbd-marine-biology-998753. For questions relative to these positions, contact the Chair of the Faculty Search Committee, Dr. Joana Figueiredo, at jfigueiredo at nova.edu<mailto:jfigueiredo at nova.edu> including "DOMES Faculty Hire" on the Subject line. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. NSU is committed to enhancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. Review of applications will begin November 1, 2022.

Best regards,
Joana

Joana Figueiredo, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Marine Larval Ecology and Recruitment Laboratory
Dep. Marine and Environmental Sciences
Halmos College of Arts and Sciences
Nova Southeastern University
8000 N Ocean Drive,
Dania Beach, FL 33004

"The best moments in our lives are not the passive, receptive, relaxing times. The best moments usually occur when a person's body or mind is stretched to its limits in a voluntary effort to accomplish something difficult and worthwhile" Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi