[Coral-List] Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution open call for Postdoctoral Scholar Fellowships: deadline October 15th 2022

Anne L Cohen acohen at whoi.edu
Fri Sep 16 16:49:17 UTC 2022

Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution is accepting applications for Postdoctoral Scholarships: deadline October 15th, 2022

Dear Colleagues

The Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution open competition for 18-month postdoctoral fellowships is now open!

Applications will be accepted from recent PhD recipients to pursue research of their choice in any of the following areas:

Coral Reefs

Climate Change

Paleoceanography

Marine Chemistry & Geochemistry

Marine Geology & Geophysics

Physical Oceanography

Applied Ocean Physics & Engineering

Biological Oceanography
Interdisciplinary candidates are encouraged!
We are interested in receiving submissions from applicants of diverse research backgrounds.  Criteria for awards include demonstrated research independence, productivity and novelty, and community service including contributions to making science and engineering more diverse, equitable and welcoming.  We would appreciate your bringing these opportunities to the attention of interested graduate students and recent postdoctorates at your institution.
Additional information and application forms can be found at: https://go.whoi.edu/pdscholarship
Scholarships are awarded for 18-month appointments. Successful applicants will receive a stipend of at least $65,000 per year, relocation and health and welfare allowances, as well as a modest research budget.
If you are unfamiliar with WHOI or the application process, my suggestion is to go to the WHOI webpage (www.whoi.edu), identify potential post-doc sponsors at WHOI, and get in touch with them before you apply.

Best
Anne

Anne L. Cohen PhD
Tenured Scientist