[Coral-List] TNC Vacancy - St. Croix

Jessica Ward jessica.ward at TNC.ORG
Wed Aug 2 12:35:45 UTC 2023

Good day,

The Nature Conservancy has the following vacancy out of our St. Croix office:

Coral Conservation Practitioner, US Virgin Islands (short-term)

Job ID 53808

*        This is a short-term (1 year) grant-funded position. The Coral Conservation Practitioner (CCP) will operate from our Coral Innovation Hub located on St. Croix, USVI. The CCP will provide implementation, monitoring, and research support for ongoing coral restoration efforts around St. Croix. The CCP works with the coral team to plan, execute, and document multiple restoration projects that aim to bolster ecological and coastal resiliency. The successful applicant will divide their time between field (diving), lab (coral husbandry in an aquaculture facility), and office (data processing). Must have scientific diving experience (AAUS certification or reciprocity in equivalent program). Experience with image analysis and/or photogrammetry and related software (e.g., Metashape, TagLab, CoralNet) considered a plus. Experience living and working in the USVI preferred.

Note: Only applicants who are currently eligible to work in the United States will be considered.

Careers (nature.org)<https://careers.nature.org/psc/tnccareers/APPLICANT/APPL/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_SCHJOB_FL&Action=U>

Jessica C. Ward
Virgin Islands Coral Program Director, TNC