[Coral-List] Cause of current coral reef and many other problems.

Douglas Fenner douglasfennertassi at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 10:44:24 UTC 2023

  And also as Paul Ehrlich wrote, technology.  The tools used in fishing
coral reefs today were not available in pre-modern times, no steel hooks,
nylon lines, no aluminum and fiberglass boats, no engines, mask, snorkel,
fins regulator, tanks and on and on.  Hooks were carved from shells, lines
formed from coconut fibers, boats from hollowed out logs, powered by
paddling or sails, etc.  NO ONE on this planet uses only the old tools to
fish, because it takes a lot more hard work and is much less effective.
Overfishing is largely possible because of technology, it would be much
harder without.

On Tue, Aug 1, 2023 at 4:02 AM John Ware via Coral-List <