[Coral-List] 2 Further Job Openings in Maldives (2023) > Marine Biologist + Asst Coral Biologist

martin at reefscapers.com martin at reefscapers.com
Thu Jan 19 17:25:52 UTC 2023

We are hiring! 2 exciting new vacancies for marine science graduates
with PADI Divemaster and a passion for the ocean.

(1) Marine Biologist - steady sea legs and extensive tropical marine
knowledge for a varied guest-facing role.
(2) Assistant Coral Biologist - energetic, enthusiastic, and experienced
in coral ID and propagation techniques.

Apply soon, and we might be seeing you here in the Maldives in a few
short months!

Martin, webdev
Reefscapers / Marine Savers
martin at reefscapers.com
reefscapers.com
marinesavers.com

(1) Marine Biologist - Centre + Liveaboard

Apply before: 31 January 2023
Start date: February 2023 (to be confirmed)
Contract: full-time paid position, annual renewal.

We are seeking a flexible, experienced Marine Biologist to help with our
conservation programs. This role is based at our Marine Centre/s, with
periods onboard the FS Explorer vessel (sea legs are essential!)

The Role
• Run guest excursions, snorkelling trips and activities; photograph &
document marine life.
• Join Four Seasons ‘Explorer’ cruises as our resident marine biologist
(for up to six weeks duration).
• Support all programs: coral propagation & reef monitoring, turtle
care, marine aquaria.

The Ideal Candidate
• Academic qualifications in a relevant discipline (Marine Biology,
Environmental Science).
• Experience in tropical marine conservation, with extensive knowledge
of coral reefs and biodiversity.
• Confident swimmer, with SCUBA certification to PADI Dive Master (or
equivalent) minimum.

To apply, please download our full job description PDF and carefully
follow the application instructions:
https://reefscapers.com/sdc_download/34764/?key=dheg9v2b6hirlhmecdzdlzsxlviqa5

(2) Assistant Coral Biologist

Apply before: 04 February 2023
Start date: April 2023 (to be confirmed)
Contract: full-time paid position, annual renewal.

We currently have a vacancy for an Assistant Coral Biologist, to help
with our Reefscapers Coral Propagation Project and research programs,
based at Four Seasons Resorts Maldives. As this is a junior role, it may
be best suited to enthusiastic candidates wanting to gain valuable work
experience.

The Role
• Work with our Coral Biologist to develop all necessary skills to
manage our coral propagation project.
• Collect coral fragments to create new frames; maintain, monitor,
photograph existing frames.
• Update our coral frame database; conduct marine life briefings and
guided snorkels.

The Ideal Candidate
• Essential experience in: tropical marine conservation, coral biology &
ID, reef regeneration.
• Confident swimmer/freediver, with SCUBA certification to PADI Dive
Master (or equivalent) minimum.
• Physically fit, able to carry 20kg weight and work long hours in the
ocean in all weathers.

https://reefscapers.com/sdc_download/34765/?key=gshlf892dmpwpe1xy7igsx5rzl13ko