[Coral-List] Coral mass spawning

James Guest jrguest at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 19:19:13 UTC 2023

Hi Tom and Steve,

Have you had a look at the Indo-Pacific Coral Spawning Database? The paper
is here (https://www.nature.com/articles/s41597-020-00793-8) and the link
to the database here (
https://data.ncl.ac.uk/articles/dataset/Coral_Spawning_Database/13082333).
I don't think there are data directly from Myanmar, but there may be from
sites nearby in the Andaman Sea that could guide you to the right time of
year. Similarly for the Marshall Islands. If anyone does have direct
observation corals spawning data from those or other Indo-Pacific regions
that you'd like to make publicly available, please get in touch and we can
add your data to the database.

Best wishes

James

> Message: 2
> Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2023 16:33:19 -0800
> From: tomascik at novuscom.net
> To: coral list <coral-list at coral.aoml.noaa.gov>
> Subject: [Coral-List] Coral mass spawning
>
> Hi everyone,
> I would greatly appreciate references or links to coral mass spawning
> studies done in the Andaman Sea, as well as along the Mawtin coast in
> Myanmar. If you have any information please email me directly, thank
> you.
> Cheers,
> Tom
>

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 3
> Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2023 16:05:10 +1200
> From: Steve <gonubiesteve at gmail.com>
> To: tomascik at novuscom.net
> Cc: coral list <coral-list at coral.aoml.noaa.gov>
> Subject: Re: [Coral-List] Coral mass spawning
>
> My apologies for jumping in Tom's email, but if anyone has any information
> regarding coral mass spawning in the Indo-Pacific region, specifically
> Marshall Island area, please could you contact me directly as well.
>
> Sincere thanks and regards,
> Steve
>
> On Mon, 30 Jan 2023, 12:52 Tomas via Coral-List, <
> coral-list at coral.aoml.noaa.gov> wrote:
>
> > Hi everyone,
> > I would greatly appreciate references or links to coral mass spawning
> > studies done in the Andaman Sea, as well as along the Mawtin coast in
> > Myanmar. If you have any information please email me directly, thank
> > you.
> > Cheers,
> > Tom
> >
>  --

*James R. Guest, PhD,*
*Reader in Coral Reef Ecology*

*School of Natural and Environmental Sciences*

*4th floor, Ridley Building 2Newcastle UniversityNewcastle upon TyneNE1
7RUUnited Kingdom*

Email: jrguest at gmail.com
Twitter: @jr_guest
University profile page: