[Coral-List] Coral reef health over time vs human population trends

Alina Szmant alina at cisme-instruments.com
Wed Mar 29 12:26:55 UTC 2023

But the quest for gold has been around since time inmemorial.  King Midas, the Incas, the Spanish colonización of the Americas, and more. How are you going to bioengineer these nasty genes out of the human species. I don't expect this reply to your message to make it to Coral-List.  Just a reality check on why this has happened and why it won't get fixed.

By the way, I have been way more focused on preventing more births but of course half of the problem is that too many of us are now living much longer, and in many cases too long. But we aren't going to advocate killing off all the grandmas and grandpa's, so it's up to the younger generations to have fewer children until human population sizes stabilizes at fewer than 6 billion.  It will take a re-engineering of human society and it has to be done globally,  thoughtfully and intentionally.  Since we all know that will never happen...

Dr. Alina M. Szmant,  CEO
CISME Instruments LLC