[Coral-List] Helmut Schuhmacher

Michel Pichon michel.pichon at bigpond.com
Wed Nov 29 12:04:30 UTC 2023

It is with great sadness that we wish to inform you that our friend and
colleague Dr Helmut Schuhmacher (born 1941) passed away on 21st November
2023 after a long illness (acute pneumonia) in the hospital of Uelzen,
Germany.  During the final months he was comforted by the presence at his
side of his two sons and their families.
Helmut will be long remembered for his friendliness, his excellence as a
university professor at Essen and his outstanding contribution to coral and
reef science , as well as to freshwater streams ecology.

Michel Pichon & Götz Reinicke