[Coral-List] WANTED: Coral Reef Video Footage

Dr Stuart P Wynne stuart at stuartwynne.co.uk
Tue Sep 12 05:04:22 UTC 2023

Dear Coal-list,

In an effort to build a coral reef historical record from around the
world we are seeking video footage of coral reef areas that can be
edited by us and added to our growing archive. Current entries to this
archive can be found on our YouTube channel playlist here
(https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLtJT-r-qnTl0CHfyDc_nlLUYWtjDzvpVb)
or listed in alphabetical order on our website here
(https://www.thecoralreefresearchhub.com/historical-archive/). The
videos do not need to be quantified in any detailed way, although the
date shot and general location details are needed (small geographic
areas preferred i.e. size of a dive site or small reef area). Although
the archive presents non-systematic video and still records, being
organised into small geographical units means generic comparisons can be
made between past and present habitat states. For example, it will be
possible to analyse the videos to a certain extent and quantify change
in broad ecological markers such as coral cover or algae cover.

Any contributions are greatly appreciated, and we hope as it grows this
archive will become a useful resource for both coral researchers and
managers.

Many thanks!

--
Dr Stuart P Wynne