National Marine Park, Reef System of Veracruz

Juan Pablo Carricart Ganivet jpcarri at xaway.ciqro.conacyt.mx
Mon Feb 26 15:21:04 EST 1996

Dear Dr. Causey:

Maybe you don't remember me, but I was with you on your last visit (June of
1992) to Isla de Enmedio. I was working at Secretariat of Marine, in
Veracruz, and now I'am in ECOSUR, here in Chetumal (since January of this
year).

The mooring buoys you refer, because of bureaucracy, were finaly installed
along the reef tract of Isla Verde (in front of the Port of Veracruz).

The environmental degradation of de coral reefs of the Reef System of
Veracruz (RSV) is more evident every day. Suspended solids in the water
column, sewage discharges, organic matter and pesticides supplied from the
continent, and nutrient enrichment of the reefs waters, are the major
troubles caused by anthropogenic impact.

I know that Dr. Luis Sautto, Manager of CRIP-Veracruz, is working on the
management plan for the RSV. You can contact him at (29) 31-44-37 (sorry I
don't have his mailing address).

On the other hand, what can I do to get a copy of your 1960 and 1992's
videos?

Many advanced thanks.

Sincerely yours,

Juan P. Carricart-Ganivet