Blue Bay Marine Park in Mauritius

rsalm at tnc.org rsalm at tnc.org
Mon Feb 26 08:18:27 EST 2001

I have visited the site indicated in an earlier email and I wrote letters to
the President, the Prime Minister and all the minister's listed, but the
emails would not transmit.
As the person who did the original assessments of Blue and Balaclava and made
the original proposals that they should be declared protected areas in 1974, I
am naturally concerned.
regards

"Karim Jaufeerally" <KRM at intnet.mu> Wrote:

| Save Blue Bay Marine Park
|
| Greetings,
|
| My name is Karim Jaufeerally from Mauritius in the Indian
| Ocean, we have =
| two declared marine parks both of which are under stress
| from =
| development and tourism. The least affected marine park,
| the Blue Bay =
| Marine Park, is under threat from promoters who wish to
| build a hotel =
| right in the middle of it.
|
| Please visit the following web site to get acquainted with
| the =
| prevailing situation and please help by letting the
| Mauritian Government =
| know of your concern.
|
| http://www.intnet.mu/iels/bbmp.htm
|
| There are e-mail links directly to Government Departments
|
| Please help, every e-mail will count
|
| Many thanks
|
| Karim Jaufeerally
|
| ~~~~~~~
| For directions on subscribing and unsubscribing to
| coral-list or the
| digests, please visit www.coral.noaa.gov, click on Popular
| on the
| menu bar, then click on Coral-List Listserver.

Dr Rodney V Salm
Director Asia-Pacific Coastal Marine Program
The Nature Conservancy, 923 Nu'uanu Ave, Honolulu, Hawaii 96817, USA
Tel: 808-5876284 (dir); 808-5374508 x284; Fax: 808-5452019; Email:
rsalm at tnc.org