[Coral-List] SCTLD spread by butterfly fish.

Steve Mussman sealab at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 25 14:31:14 UTC 2023

Hi John,

I believe this was the paper suggesting that butterflyfish may be playing a role in spreading SCTLD.

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00338-020-01986-8

I did not personally interpret its findings as clearly establishing the fact that butterflyfish are primary vectors of this disease. I do think the paper suggests that various benthic dwelling forms of marine life should be considered as possible vectors of this particular coral disease.

Regards,

Steve

Sent from EarthLink Mobile mail