[Coral-List] Soil samples

Beverly Owens bsowens at clevelandcountyschools.org
Thu May 18 16:13:39 UTC 2023

Hi! I’m a high school science teacher in North Carolina. I’ve been making
plant-based and soil-based watercolor paints with my chemistry class. I was
wondering if you all knew of anyone who might have excess or ready to
discard soil samples from the bottom of the ocean that you’d be willing to
share? I could pay for shipping. Clumpy, clay, and soft rocks are fine, as
they’d be getting ground up anyway. I would bake the soil on low temp in
the oven to sterilize the dirt first. I’d love for students to make paint
with sediment from the bottom of the ocean.

Thanks!
Beverly
--
Beverly Owens, NBCT