[Coral-List] NOAA Finds 66 Corals Warrant Listing under the US Endangered Species Act

Bridge, Thomas thomas.bridge at jcu.edu.au
Tue Dec 4 18:22:08 EST 2012

According to Carden's latest revision Isopora is a separate genus containing the species I. brueggemanni, I. crateriformis, I. cuneata, I. elizabethensis (although the species is noted as being a possible synonym of I. palifera), A. palifera and I. togianensis.

Reference: Wallace CC, Done BJ, Muir PR (2012) Revision and catalogue of worldwide staghorn corals Acropora and Isopora (Scleractinia: Acroporidae) in the Museum of Tropical Queensland. Memoirs of the Queensland Museum - Nature 57: 1-255. Brisbane. ISSN 0079-8835

Dr Tom Bridge
Postdoctoral Research Fellow
ARC Centre of Excellence for Coral Reef Studies
James Cook University
Townsville, QLD
4811
Australia