[Coral-List] Sargassum

MelissaE Keyes melissae.keyes at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 13 17:46:11 UTC 2021

Hello, Listers,
I saw an interesting post in a Facebook group that’s comprised of Ocean Rowers, people who row little boats across oceans.  There’s a race that’s finishing up now, from Tenerife (near) to Antigua, 4,800 km, 3,000 miles.  The woman photographed a huge, solid packed raft of sargassum, no clear water in the photo.  I asked, “Where?” The reply by someone in the group, she rows about fifty miles a day.
not exactly sure, it was posted as if it happened today she is currently at 17°18'33.0"N 54°21'40.2"WJasmine on Rudderly Mad.
Just thought I’d share
Cheers
Melissa.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone