[Coral-List] Where to hold conferences in the USA

Sarah Frias-Torres sfrias_torres at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 26 22:19:02 UTC 2022

For conference organizers in this list server:

if your conference is being held in the USA, pay attention to states where abortion bans have been activated after Roe vs Wade was overturned. In these states, women have less body autonomy than a corpse.

Roughly 50 % of your conference attendees, sometimes more (in person, or virtual) are women.
If your DEI -Diversity, equity, and inclusion statements mean anything, do not organize conferences in states where women are treated as broodmares.

Abortion is healthcare. We will take notes, and we will remember.

Sarah Frias-Torres, Ph.D.
Twitter: @GrouperDoc
Science Blog: https://grouperluna.com/
Art Blog: https://oceanbestiary.com/