[Coral-List] petition to COP 27 from Tuvalu: "Don't let our islands sink!"

Douglas Fenner douglasfennertassi at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 22:33:40 UTC 2022

>From the prime minister of Tuvalu

Of course, life on atolls will become more and more difficult and in time
entire countries may have to move, as sea level rise continues and speeds
up.  I just saw a thing that said that sea level rise now averages 10 mm a
year.  As the world heats up, it will speed up.  Our prime concern, of
course, is the effects of global warming and climate change on corals and
coral reefs.

https://secure.avaaz.org/campaign/en/tuvalu_loc/?slideshow

We often despair that there is so little as individuals we can do, yet here
is a small thing we can do, which when lots of people do it might help..

Almost 340,000 have signed, and several more are signing each second as you
can see on the web page.

Please consider signing if you agree.    Cheers,  Doug

--
Douglas Fenner
Lynker Technologies, LLC, Contractor

Switching to renewable energy could save trillions-up to $12 TRILLION by
2050.
https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-62892013

1 in 6 deaths worldwide can be attributed to pollution, new review shows
https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/1-in-6-deaths-worldwide-can-be-attributed-to-pollution-new-review-shows/ar-AAXozQh

UN: World on fast track to disaster, but we can avert it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xBVD8r0aHQ