[Coral-List] (Coral-List) 1.5 C not plausible anymore

Douglas Fenner douglasfennertassi at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 21:00:25 UTC 2022

The window to avoid the worst climate change disasters is closing fast.

"Scientists warn that if the world is to have a chance of reaching net zero
carbon emissions by 2050 and so prevent the breaching of the 1.5C limit,
global emissions will have to be cut by 5% to 7% a year. At present,
emissions are rising between 1% and 2% a year with little sign of that
increase being halted."

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2022/oct/30/cop27-climate-summit-window-for-avoiding-catastrophe-is-closing-fast

Cheers, Doug

On Sun, Oct 30, 2022 at 5:27 AM Nicole Crane via Coral-List <