[Coral-List] scientist letter Advancing Responsible Research and Development of Ocean-Based Carbon Dioxide Removal

Paul Muir paularwen at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 23:44:35 UTC 2023

" Meanwhile, changing global human behaviors
(Starting with 10000 coral listers leading by example
environmental friendly behaviours) may be more effective than anything
else.  *"
Very good point! I'm curious how many reef workers/ organisations are
carbon neutral and how many have divested themselves of funding from fossil
fuel companies?  I suspect very few, which I think highlights a real issue
- that even smart people on the front line with their hearts in the right
place are not taking action. There are probably a myriad of reasons for
this: they don't think it's possible technically or economically (it def
is!), think governments should lead (that will never happen), don't think
their action will help, will do it next year  etc etc. I do wonder if the
trillion dollar fossil fuel industry is responsible for some of this
malaise- I guess they have access to the smartest marketeers on the planet.

PAUL

ps Hate to brag (!!), but I have been ~ C neutral for ~20 years (I put ~ as
its hard to calculate).